The Boston Centre offers English country dancing every Wednesday night from September through June. (See the Wednesday Summer Series page for our dances during July and August.)
All dances are taught; no experience is necessary, nor do you need to come with a partner.
Dances are led by Barbara Finney, Rich Jackson, Linda Nelson, Miriam Newman, Christine Robb, and Tom Roby, along with guest leaders. Music is by Bare Necessities and friends.
The entire evening will be a mix of elegantly simple to challenging dances, and traditional to contemporary dances
- Most dances will be walked through, with teaching as needed
- One or two may only be prompted, not walked through (and will be announced in advance)
- English Dance Basics is offered before the dance at 7:10 every week – please let the person at the door know if you’re interested
- The dance of the month is taught each week of the month (except party nights or guest caller nights)
- 2nd Wednesday Birthday celebrations – birthday cake for all and a song for those who were born anytime in the month
English Dance Style Class – 2nd Wednesdays, 6:30pm:
We will be working on things like body carriage, timing, phrasing, execution of figures, and other topics. This class is open to intermediate and advanced dancers. We are assuming a basic understanding of English Country Dance figures and concepts. Join us as we all work on becoming better dancers! Most months; check Calendar to confirm date.
The dances are held from 7:30 to 10:30 p.m., at the Park Avenue Congregational Church, 50 Paul Revere Rd, Arlington, MA, located at the intersection of Park Avenue and Paul Revere Road (one block from Massachusetts Avenue), in Arlington Heights, MA. We occasionally relocate to the Concord Scout House in Concord, MA, usually once in April.
12 dance Dance Card $75.00
The Dance Card is valid at all Wednesday dances for one year from the date of purchase and can be shared with friends and family.
Volunteers are always needed, particularly with refreshments and putting things away at the end of the dance.