- This event has passed.
Summer Wednesday English Country Dance
Wednesday, August 10 @ 7:30 pm - 10:30 pm
Summer dancing at FUUSN! Please enter through the right-hand Washington Street entrance. See series page for directions, including parking tips (the bank lot is no longer available). Admission is $5-$15, sliding scale. English Dance Basics are available, starting at 7:10pm; please talk to the person at the door if interested.
Caller – Luanne Stiles, from Asheville, NC
Music – Dave Langford (fiddle) and Jacqueline Schwab (piano)
Sound – George Marshall
Fortunately, Covid metrics have significantly improved and so we are no longer requiring pre-registration or enforcing capacity limits at this time. All other Covid guidelines remain in place at this time, including KF94 or better masks and vaccination. We hope that as the Covid Metrics improve, we will be able to adjust and phase out certain guidelines as appropriate.
As a safety measure for your fellow dancers, if you have had any exposure to someone with known Covid in the past week, please obtain a PCR test before coming. If you are experiencing any symptoms of possible Covid, please consider staying home.
New waivers are required as this is a new event location. Once you have signed the waiver, it will be good for all the above dates. There are three options for signing and delivering to CDS-BC this new waiver:
1. Download the signable PDF Waiver to your desktop. On the last page of the Waiver, using your keyboard, type in the required information and save the document to your desktop. Print your signed Waiver, and bring it to the event door, or
2. You can e-mail the signed waiver to Hal Wagner, as an attachment to: vp [at] cds-boston [dot] org Please print in the subject line: “CDS-BC Waiver FUUSN 2022”, or
3. If you cannot print the Waiver at home, we will have copies of the last page of the Waiver available at the door for you to sign.
A quick reminder for all CDS-BC events:
- We ask you to read and follow our Covid Policy and Guidelines.
- All guests must provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19, including your booster, or a qualifying negative COVID-19 molecular/PCR test (sampled within 24 hours of the event), at the door. If you have already shown us your vaccination card at one of our previous dances, you do not need to show us again.
- You must sign the waiver for this dance series at FUUSN.
- No food or refreshments will be served. So, unfortunately, no ice cream this year! Please bring your own water bottle Please bring your own water bottle and several well-fitting masks (preferably N95 or KF94), as masks can become wet during exercise and should be replaced. Masks will also be available at the registration desk.
You must sign the waiver for this dance series at FUUSN.
If you test positive after the dance, please contact us. Full information is on the series webpage.
Please contact Hal Wagner for any questions, concerns and suggestions at vp [at] cds-boston [dot] org